Dear Tennis Players,
We received the great news that according to NY State Governor’s Order, outdoor tennis can be restarted starting this Friday, May 15th!
We are beginning to book the courts for this weekend on Thursday morning, May 14th, so please contact the club.
At this time, only private lessons and singles play will be allowed except you are playing doubles with family you have been sheltering in place with.
Courts will be booked with 5-minutes break, so please plan to leave immediately after your time’s up so the others can start using the court while maintaining social distancing.
Management and maintenance staff will be on-site to make sure that the courts are maintained and sanitary protocols are followed at all times.
General Information and Court Rules:
• We require all customers to call the club to inquire about the service you are interested in. Walk-ins are not acceptable at this time.
• Players must check in with the desk staff before going to the court.
• Currently, only Private lessons and Singles play are available unless you are members of a single household and have been sheltering in place together - then you can play doubles.
• Players should arrive maximum 10 minutes before their court time and plan to leave immediately after their time expires.
• Players will not be be able to access the indoor courts or the clubhouse, but who wants to be inside on a beautiful spring day after we've all been cooped up for the last month and a half?! Locker rooms, restrooms, or showers will not be available so please plan accordingly.
• Water will also be unavailable, so bring a water bottle.
• Players should bring their own equipment (rackets, balls, towels, etc.).
• Players, who book a court must bring two unopened cans of balls for play, ideally two different numbers, or labeled with their initials. Each player may only handle their labeled ball. You can buy the balls on-site as well.
• Players must follow social distancing guidelines and wear face coverings at all times when not on the court.
It's hard to express how excited we are to be open again.
Looking forward to seeing everyone safe and healthy.
Deer Park Tennis Club